Frank Booysen

Frank Booysen: Wedding Officiant in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Registered marriage officer and commissioner of oaths in South Africa
Diploma in Theology - 1995 | Ordained Pastor Since 1999
"Marriage is one of the most beautiful earthly expressions of a God who is love. It’s always a privilege and honour for me to officiate the union of couples on their special day, that beautiful celebration where love wins! I look forward to helping you arrive at your marriage ceremony well prepared and excited to become husband and wife."


Dear Pastor Frank,

We would like to thank you so much for making our Wedding Day a joyous and most enjoyable occasion.

Guests mentioned they were touched by the way you presented the Ceremony.

Our day was unforgettable and we are indeed grateful.

Chris and Lia

Frank thank you so much for the lovely service yesterday, you made Daniel and Amy feel so special.
Once again thank you.

Angela. (Daniel’s mother)

Daniel and Amy

I would HIGHLY recommend Frankie as a wedding officiant pastor. He performed the ceremony at my wedding in 2010 and it was INCREDIBLE. He made it such a special service and very personalized to my husband and I. Not just an ordinary set wedding service. Our day would not have been the same without Frankie doing our service. He made the ceremony meaningful with a touch of fun.

Stephanie Harris

Thank you so much for the amazing job you did for our wedding! Everyone just loved you. Thank you for being you.

Michelle & Ryan Baxter

Book Frank for Your Wedding

How it Works

Marriage Ceremonies

I will assist you and your partner in any way I can to make sure your wedding ceremony is exactly what you want it to be.

Type of ceremony:

  • Traditional or modern Christian wedding ceremonies
  • Contemporary or customized wedding ceremonies
  • Civil ceremonies


Wedding ceremonies can take place in a church building, chapel, garden, beach, shed, farm, lodge or even in a home.


I will travel within KZN, and anywhere else in South Africa by special arrangement.

Marriage Registration:

I am an ordained Pastor and registered Marriage Officer within South African borders.

I will ensure that all your marital documents are registered with Home Affairs so you can enjoy your honeymoon.

The Process

  1. Complete the online enquiry form with your contact details and send to me. Or give me a call or a WhatsApp. (Check Contact details)
  2. I will respond in writing to set up a time to meet each other over a coffee. If you decide to allow me the privilege of officiating your wedding ceremony, we can book dates and discuss an initial overview of your wedding ceremony.
  3. We will book another date to talk about your ceremony in more detail where we will make all the necessary arrangements and we can meet as many times as needed.
  4. I require a 50% deposit to secure your date and the balance to be paid in full before your big day.

Requirements & Documentation

  1. I will need copies of both the groom and the bride’s South African ID Book or passport.
  2. I require 3 current ID photos of both the groom and the bride.
  3. Two witnesses are required to sign the marriage register and I need a copy of both witness’s ID documents or passports.
  4. A Death certificate will be required if any or both parties are a widow or widower.
  5. A Divorce certificate or final decree of divorce (Copy of High Court divorce document) will be required if any or both parties have been married before.
  6. If either the groom or the bride is a minor then I will need written and signed parental consent.
  7. I will need an original signed document (on your lawyer’s letterhead) of the legal marriage contract you have entered into. By law I am required to submit this document along with your other marriage documents.

Frequently Asked Questions

My partner is not a South African citizen, can we still legally get married in South Africa?

Yes, you can still get married in RSA.

I will need a copy of his/her Passport and a copy of their passport page with a customs stamp proving their legal entry into South Africa. (Please note) The same requirement applies to your witnesses.

Important: Your partner will also need to provide a letter of no lawful impediment which they can obtain from their home office in their country of origin. People with UK passports do not require this letter.

What is a letter of no lawful impediment?

A letter of no Impediment may be referred to as a Certificate of No Record of Marriage, a Certificate of No Impediment, Single Statement, No Marital Status Certificate, or a Negative Statement of Marriage. These certificates are government documents that provide information indicating that a search has been conducted on your credentials and that no record of marriage has surfaced on your name.

Do we get a marriage certificate and any other documents on our wedding day?

Yes, you do. I will give you an original marriage certificate and a copy of your signed marriage register document.

Are we obliged to invite the marriage officiate/Pastor to the reception?

No, that’s entirely up to you and the decision is yours. I am happy to join you for the reception and I don’t mind leaving after the ceremony either. Some couples like me to stay and say grace before the meal.

Do I have to take my husband’s surname?

No you don’t. You can keep your maiden name; join your maiden surname to that of your husbands or you can resume a surname which you bore at any prior time.

Do I have to get married indoors or under a roof?

No. You can get married outdoors. However, you are required by South African law to repeat the legal part (the signing of the register) in a venue specified by South African Law, namely: in a church or other building used for religious services or in a public office (i.e. a Government office) or in a private dwelling house.

© 2024 Frank Booysen Wedding Officiant. All Rights Reserved.